[IPython-dev] IPython bug?

Fernando Perez fperez at colorado.edu
Fri May 23 22:12:18 EDT 2003

Gary Bishop wrote:

>> Try removing '\' from the delimiters list to see what happens.  Some
>> escaping might be necessary.  If this fixes it, we can always put a note
>> in for users.
>

> I tried that. Doesn't help. I don't think \ was in the set to begin with.

Bummer.  Without access to Windows, I'm a bit stumped then.  You might try to
see if there is any difference here between ipython and a plain python shell
using your readline stuff.

FWIW, if I type something similar in Linux, there's no problem.  So it _might_
be a readline issue, perhaps.

Sorry not to be of more use on this one, but it's hard without having access
to a testing system myself.  As you are quickly realizing, you'll be the one
doing the heavy lifting on Win-specific stuff, not me :)

Best,

f.