[Inpycon] Update on Venue - PyCon India 2023

Sanchit Balchandani balchandani.sanchit at gmail.com
Mon May 29 07:47:59 EDT 2023

Hi All

Sharing details of HICC as well post our latest visit. The setup is more or
less similar to the 2018 event.

Ground Floor:
- Main hall - capacity of 2000
- 2 Additional Halls - capacity of 500 each (HICC recommended using one of
them for sponsor stalls & food)
- One additional room of 300 capacity
- Registrations area
- Organizers suite

First Floor:
- 2 Rooms of 300 capacity
- Foyer area for food
- 2 Board Rooms for supplementary activities

Pros:
- The overall setup at HICC is very professional and looks great
- From accessibility aspects, it's good. Lifts and escalators are available
- 1500+ people can easily be accommodated

Cons:
- Cost is quite higher, and the budget shared by them excludes AV
(audio/video) cost
- Outside vendors are not allowed, which adds to the cost again

Initially, the budget they shared was 1.5 CR, where we removed a few things
which were not required and then it came down to 1 CR. Today post
negotiations they further came down to 84.32 lakhs.

However, not to put a negative point of view about HICC, I think HICC is
also doable with some extra effort on the sponsorship front and increased
ticket prices.

Will keep you all updated. Sorry if I am spamming too much :)

Best
Sanchit