[Inpycon] PyCon India 2021 Weekly Update - Week 2

Shashank Kumar shashankkumarkushwaha at gmail.com
Fri Mar 5 13:29:40 EST 2021

Hello Folks,

Sharing updates from week 2:

-----
Volunteer Onboarding
Last week the call for vounteer email was sent out from official channels.

What has been done:
Here is what we're planning to do with the responses
- An email draft has been prepared to onboard volunteers[0]
- A WIP pull request is in place to upgrade volunteer onboarding documentation on navigator[1]

What will be done next week:
- I'll update the PR and hopefully it'll be merged next week.
- A meeting to be scheduled to discuss the onboarding process[2]

-----
Junction Upgrade
What has been done:
- A plan is in place to upgrade Junction and is open for discussion and improvement[3]
- The upgrade in no way affect the current CFP operation in place and maintained by Nabarun

What will be done next week:
- An issue/pr to start the upgrade operation considering a unit step in plan above at a time

-----
Outreach
What will be done next week:
- A meeting to be scheduled on Sat/Sun this week to discuss an option of jotting down all the mailing list and other community channels where conference announcement can be posted[4]

[0] https://pad.riseup.net/p/0M0KKrDYGJ-X5EthoLYp
[1] https://github.com/pythonindia/navigator/pull/8
[2] https://github.com/pythonindia/inpycon2021-tasks/issues/16
[3] https://pyconindia.zulipchat.com/#narrow/stream/226092-wg.2Ftechnology/topic/Junction.20Upgrade/near/228125566