[Inpycon] PyCon India | Workgroup Formation

Ramanathan Ramakrishnamoorthy ramanathanhari at gmail.com
Thu Mar 22 14:22:17 EDT 2018

Hi All,

This mail is regarding workgroup formation for the various teams required
for PyCon India 2018.  Before we begin, I would like to state the below to
avoid any confusion.

*Workgroup* - Core group of people responsible for the execution of tasks
mandated for a given team.  The workgroup is also responsible for setting
guidelines on the team's working. As a community, we can come to a
consensus about people involved in a workgroup. Typically, we could have
4-6 people per workgroup. It would also be great to have representation
from various active Python communities so that the conference works as a
comprehensive effort by everybody.

*Volunteers* - The workgroup along with the volunteers execute the various
tasks in the shape and form as agreed within the workgroup. Ideally,
anybody and everybody who want to contribute to the given team can sign up
as volunteers.  Please note, a call for volunteers will follow once
workgroups are created.

*Local Moderators (HydPy in case of 2018)* - Responsible for moderating the
workgroup and coordinating things within the team.  They are also the Point
Of Contact for the conference chair for the given team.

*Conference Chair* - In case of any conflicts within the group (and the
moderator is unable to resolve), Conference chair will take the final
decision.

At this point, we need workgroups to be formed for the following teams.  I
have also mentioned the names of the HydPy Moderators for each of the teams.

1. *Website/Design* - Chirag Choudary/Ananyo Maiti
2. *CFP/Sessions* - Ramanathan R/Divya
3. *Sponsorship* - Chirag Choudhary/Kanchan
4. *Social Media* - Sanchit Balchandani

*Conference Chair* - Manivannan Elangovan

Local logistics will not need workgroup from outside of HydPy.  Finance
(coordination with PSSI) will be dealt directly by the conference chair +
HydPy moderators.  FTR, HydPy moderators for Finance team will be *Gokul
Vasan/Renu*.

I request the community to come forward and nominate yourself for being
part of a workgroup.  Please fill the google form (
https://goo.gl/forms/gUjqKPKi8Imhtjgn1) to nominate yourself.  The
nomination process would be closed by *March 28th*. Please note, this is
*not* a call for volunteers, and hence it would be great to have people
with some experience in respective/similar workgroups.

Request nobody to get offended as we are asking for prior experience. Given
that this is the first time we are trying out the workgroup model it would
be great if people with expertise come forward and set the process so that
the baton could be passed on to anybody interested from next year.

Cheers,
Ram.