[Inpycon] Fwd: Important: PSSI - Current board’s term comes to an end on July 7th

E Manivannan elangovan.manivannan at gmail.com
Sat Jun 16 12:14:06 EDT 2018

FYI..  from PSSI.

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Anand B Pillai <anandpillai at letterboxes.org>
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2018, 15:23
Subject: Fwd: Important: PSSI - Current board’s term comes to an end on
July 7th
To: <elangovan.manivannan at gmail.com>, Ramanathan Ramakrishnamoorthy <
ramanathanhari at gmail.com>, <chirag200666 at gmail.com>
Cc: Bibhas Ch Debnath <me at bibhas.in>, Sreekanth S Rameshaiah <
sree at mahiti.org>, Anand Chittuputtu <anandology at gmail.com>, me kracekumar <
me at kracekumar.com>, Devi <asldevi at gmail.com>, Mitesh Ashar <
email at miteshashar.com>, Naveen Kumar Sivanandam <naveen.sivanandam at gmail.com>,
Raghavendra Pathi <raghavendra.pj at gmail.com>, Kiran Jonnalagadda <
jace at pobox.com>, Vanitha S <vani.pree at gmail.com>, board at pssi.org.in <
board at pssi.org.in>

Hi Elango and others,

        The PSSI board is ending its term on July 7th 2018 and the board has
decided not to continue operations beyond the same and to close down the
organziation.

         Hence request you to make your own arrangements to manage funds
for PyCon India 2018.

         All the best and here's wishing you and everyone else a
wonderful 10th anniversary of PyCon India!

Regards,

--Anand

PS: /CCing all PSSI board members

On Friday 08 June 2018 12:37 AM, Bibhas Ch Debnath wrote:
> Hi,
>

> On Thu, Jun 7, 2018 at 2:53 PM, Anand B Pillai
> <anandpillai at letterboxes.org <mailto:anandpillai at letterboxes.org>> wrote:
>
>     On Tuesday 05 June 2018 10:55 AM, Sreekanth S Rameshaiah wrote:
>     > Dear All,
>     >
>     > We have not made any progress towards enroling new members, our
current
>     > board is not active as required.
>     > We will not be able to support PyCon India 2018 beyond July 7th as
none
>     > of us will be authorised to transact on behalf of PSSI as our
designated
>     > role in current board comes to an end on July 7th 2018.
>

> I agree with what both Anand C and Anand B have said.
>
> We've talked about getting new members and retiring the current dormant
> members several times,
> and we've made no progress towards that. And I don't see any path where
> the current board finds a way to
> do that in next 30 days. And even if we try to find new members, we'll
> just be forcing PSSI upon them.
> AFAIK, PSSI was created out of need of organizing PyCon. But right now
> it's just couple people talking to each other
> and clearing payment.
>
> If anything, this PSSI has shown that it doesn't take more than 3-4
> people to run an organization with PSSI's purpose.
> 12 members was an overkill. I don't know if there were any way to
> legally require less than 12 people. If there is, we
> can maybe share this experience with the new team.
>
> Let PSSI come to an end, and let the PyCon organizing team come up with
> an organization if they feel
> the need of it. Right now PSSI is working as a gatekeeper for payments
> and that's causing nothing but delay to the event.
>
> If any of us are still emotionally attached to the event, we'll find
> ways to help.
>
> Thanks,
> Bibhas

--Anand