[Inpycon] Is PyCon India "really open"?

Ankur Gupta ankur0493 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 12 13:12:58 EST 2018

On 12 Jan 2018 11:34 p.m., "Balachandran Sivakumar" <benignbala at gmail.com>
wrote:

Hi,

On Fri, Jan 12, 2018 at 11:02 PM, Shashank Kumar
<shashankkumarkushwaha at gmail.com> wrote:
> I did was to simply review a PR. And I got this reply: [2]
> Now this makes me really curious about the process of volunteering and
> being an open community.

This is really unfortunate. PyCon India is not about any local python
group, and this is something that was outlined during PyCon India 2016 by
the same person who has made this comment on the PR. Anyone who wants to
volunteer is welcome (or at least this is how it is supposed to be).

      Wow, that comment makes me feel so bad. The person with github
account "vnbang2003" has made this comment

"I don't think you are part of volunteering Team for this year so
please stop reviewing it."

The volunteering team is everyone who comes forward and contributes in any
way. If there is a defined volunteer team for website development, that
team is responsible for it, but it can never mean that others can't help if
they want to. Also, I don't think there has been a call for volunteers for
the website development team, the way it was there for social media. Please
let me know if I missed it.

Regards,
Ankur Gupta

       That's one of the most distasteful comment I have seen on any
free/open source repositories. Can the organisers please make it
public that code reviews are not Welcome ? When someone has taken time
to review the content and provide comments, how can someone even tell
not to review/provide comment ?  Thanks

--
Thank you
Balachandran Sivakumar