[Inpycon] Announcing PyCon Pune 2017 & Call for Volunteers

Noufal Ibrahim noufal at nibrahim.net.in
Mon Oct 17 07:30:49 EDT 2016

On , Shakthi Kannan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> --- On Mon, Oct 17, 2016 at 12:23 PM, Thin Rhino <thinrhino at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> | Why cannot we have PyPune conference
> \--
>
> In a "community" where everyone is a volunteer, whoever proposes takes
> responsibility and is expected to lead from the front.
>
> So, if you propose "PyPune", the onus is on you to steer things
> forward, and I will encourage you to do so.

That's a little confrontational.

Someone proposed a name and others raised (what I think are valid)
objections and proposed a way to go ahead (changing the name). Thus
ensued the discussion.

If the name is very important to the people who brought this up, they
can just tell us why and we can go ahead. The size and duration points
are not really valid for reasons mentioned earlier in the thread.

If the name is not important to them, they can use another and we can
still go ahead.

> The more the number of events, the better it is for the community.

+1.