[Inpycon] Announcing PyCon Pune 2017 & Call for Volunteers

Noufal Ibrahim noufal at nibrahim.net.in
Wed Nov 2 13:13:55 EDT 2016

The way this thing was pushed left a bad taste in atleast my mouth and I
don't think I really want to be a part of the event.

When the event was announced, I brought up the issue of the name (which
I think is important). I'm perfectly willing to be argued out of my
position but the lack of an attempt to do that suggests, to me,  that
the people behind the conference just want to conduct the event
regardless of what people outside the organising committee, who are
arguably part of a larger python community, think.

This is not to say that the whole affair is wrong, bad or in any way
negative. I think of it as something conducted by a closed private set
of people which is open to the general public only for participation
during the actual event.

All the best!