[Inpycon] Proposal for holding next PyConIndia in NCR

qua non akshayaurora at gmail.com
Wed Nov 18 05:06:57 EST 2015

Hi folks,

Here is the proposal as requested,
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1KsDeIx13Vm6rKfI1AYsxhZ0POK5_XlENO-43erSCexI/edit

Just for convenience I am also pasting the content of the document below
for convenience.

Hi folks, on behalf of the PyDelhi team we hereby propose the next yearly
PyCon India 2016  should be held in delhi.

What are the advantages of holding an event in Delhi/NCR?

   -

   Lazy pythonistas from Northern India get a venue closer to home.
   -

   Delhi is Capital city with world class infrastructure, a city and such
   should theoretically attract more people from universities like DU, IP, JP,
   MITS, JMU, IIT, Companies like MakeMyTrip, Snapdeal,Paytm, HT Media.
   -

   Strong and active team in NCR, this allows Pythonistas from NCR to be a
   host.
   -

   It gives the Bangalore community some rest and a reason to travel.

What We have done so far::

We have divided ourselves into a set of teams with different
responsibilities for different tasks. Following tasks have been assigned so
far::

Administration: Handle finance, legal issues, outline a code of conduct,
Dispute resolution, Website management.

Marketing: Social Media, Physical Media, Social profiles , Posting ,
printing posters , design , reply to comments and mails.

Sponsor affairs

Speaker affairs: Setting up Call for proposals, Taking votes, Managing web
pages for displaying list of proposals and taking votes, Contacting and
checking with speakers of their availability, Keeping in contact with the
speakers, trying to help solve any issues.

Venue research/management: Manage Equipment: Video, Internet,  Projector,
Mics, Recording Equipment, Location, food, posters, Helpdesk , Welcome kit
, Name tags , tissue paper, Soaps, Stationery...

We propose the following timeline to be followed::

   1. Nov End -- Finalize the Announce location

Currently we are focusing on SiriFort and finalizing  it as a venue. We
will be needing final dates for the event before booking the Venue.

   -

   Hire firm for website, logo Design for Pycon India 2016.

Question: Can we use existing firm used for 2015?

   -

   2. Dec End -- Announce date of event, publish landing page. Finalize
sponsorship prospectus, start contacting sponsors.

   3. Jan end -- CFP (talks and workshop) setup, Poster Design, Tshirt
design

   4. Feb Start -- Send out list of possible keynote speakers and ask for
input from community.

   5. Feb end -- Finalize Food Vendor, Online Ticket Portal.

   6. March end -- Finalize wifi, sound management, video management

   7. May end -- Close CFP for talks, workshops. Start Voting procedure.
Finalize Keynote speakers.

   8. June end -- Open ticket sales, early bird tickets for Talks, keynote.

   9. July end -- finalize talks and workshops, open tickets for Workshops.

   invite proposals for hackathon/open sessions/code sprints…

   10. August  -- Start getting in touch with vendors for accessories
(Posters, goodies, pens, Lan wires,  extra projectors, wifi routers,
extension cables, recording audio, video equipment... ), for venues.

   11.September -- Finalize everything that is left,  volunteer meets,
official permissions, catering…

Here is the proposed format for the conference:

   -

   3 tracks(Separate halls)
   -

   1 keynote for each conference day
   -

   proposed schedule:
   -

      08:00AM Breakfast
      -

      09:00AM - 9:15AM Introductions/Welcome
      -

      09:20AM - 10:10AM Keynote
      -

      10:10AM - 10:50AM Break (Expo Hall 210)

Hall 1

Hall 2

Hall 3

10:50AM - 11:30AM Talk

Ditto

Ditto

11:30AM - 12:10PM Talk

Ditto

Ditto

12:10PM - 12:50PM Talk

Ditto

Ditto

12:50PM - 01:40PM Lunch

Ditto

Ditto

01:40PM - 02:20PM Talk

Ditto

Ditto

02:20PM - 03:00PM Talk

Ditto

Ditto

03:00PM - 03:40PM Talk

Ditto

Ditto

03:40PM - 04:30PM Break

Ditto

Ditto

04:30PM - 05:10PM Panel Discussion

05:10PM - 05:50PM Lightning talks

05:50PM Conclusion/break networking

Tea would  be served in breaks

   Please don’t hesitate to suggest alternatives/better options or add to
the timline

Apart from the timeline we have started a list of documents like drafts of

   -

   sponsorship prospectus
   https://docs.google.com/document/d/1fY52l1V92IM7fhC_Q2yiBEVvMpWuvRWKSRoeB0vMlZA/edit,

   - List of possible sponsors