[Inpycon] A thought on workshops

Noufal Ibrahim KV noufal at nibrahim.net.in
Tue May 5 11:42:28 CEST 2015

This issue of holding NIMHANS for an extra day to conduct workshops and
it being unsuitable to actually conduct them has come up multiple
times.

Here's a proposal that I think might help a little. There are many small
to medium sized companies who use Python who might have a room available
for a small audience on the weekend for half a day.  If we can open up
something like a "workshop sponsor" so that they give us the use of the
room for something like a free pass for a workshop or
conference. Publicity on the website or something similar, it might be a
win/win situation for both parties.

We can save the cost of holding NIMHANS for an extra day. We can have
better venues that are more suitable for a workshop than an auditorium
and the workshops can occur in a more staggered fashion before the
conference. It could also, in the future, go to multiple cities which is
a good thing. We might have to restrict the audience size but that might
be okay.

The companies will get a sponsorship slot and benefits that it brings.

It might be a little late to do it this year but I think it's worth
atleast considering.

Thoughts?

--
Cordially,