[Inpycon] [PyCon India 2015] CFP status

Anand Chitipothu anandology at gmail.com
Mon Jun 22 12:37:56 CEST 2015

On Mon, Jun 22, 2015 at 3:50 PM, Kracekumar Ramaraju <me at kracekumar.com>
wrote:

> Past speaking experience shouldn't be only criteria, last year we had
> instances where proposer didn't submit the content till last week.

Are you saying that past speaking experience is considered, but that is not
 the only criteria?

> It should be based on the content, place holder for examples are
> acceptable. The broader point is to have the content appealable to reviewer
> and proposer can keep on refining the content.

I think you can ask for an outline, but asking for whole content before
accepting the proposal is probably too much. That'll give incentive for
people repeating a talk given elsewhere than people trying to propose a
completely new idea.

> It is pure meritocracy and level playground.

How do you know if the person is a good speaker, has public speaking
skills? Someone can write a beautiful proposal, but fail miserably on
stage. Thats why it is important to look at past videos if available.

Anand