[Inpycon] Video Management in PyCon India 2015

Shrayas rajagopal shrayasr at gmail.com
Tue Feb 17 18:31:16 CET 2015

On Tue, Feb 17, 2015 at 2:00 PM, Arvi Krishnaswamy
<arvi at alumni.iastate.edu> wrote:
> I'm a speaker at AgileIndia this year and may have more feedback post the
> event. However just looking at the videos - I think the audio seems ok, but
> I think the HasGeek picture-in-picture view which lets you see both the
> slides and the speaker are significantly better. Otherwise you are often
> looking at the speakers face while he is referring to something on the
> slides, or vice versa.

Definite +1 to this. The videos HasGeek puts up are really of top
quality like mentioned the picture in picture adds a lot of context
and meaning to the presentations.

I was particularly not satisfied with how Agile India recorded the
Functional Conf videos majorly because their focus was only on the
speakers and not on the slides. This actually caused quite a
disconnect IMO.

> I think HasGeek has been providing all the equipment
> to PSSI pro bono so far, perhaps is there a different commercial arrangement
> that can be discussed with them as a media partner where they (or someone
> they subcontract to) will handle all these things?

A media partner makes a lot of sense.