[Inpycon] Suggestion for panel members for PyCon India 2015

Kracekumar Ramaraju me at kracekumar.com
Mon Feb 2 13:23:24 CET 2015

On Mon, Feb 2, 2015 at 4:37 PM, vijay kumar <vnbang2003 at gmail.com> wrote:

>> I'm not questioning his (or any one elses) intention. I'm just not
>> convinced by strategy and I'm bringing up the point.
>>

> >> Not everyone get convinced with other working style and strategy . We
> should just look at the intention of person.
>

>> > De-centralisation all sounds good on paper and in theory, but in
>> practice,
>> >
>> > 1. The talk selection chair is answerable to the conference chair.
>> > Because the conference chair is running the whole show and talks is a
>> > huge part of the show. De-centralisation shouldn't mean decoupling,
>> > instead delegation with responsibility.
>>
>> I agree. I'm saying that you should give power along with
>> responsibility. The conference chair (and a small core team) shouldn't
>> micro manage every thing from sponsorships to talk selection.

> need to take control being a conference Chair. Let me know if you would
> have done something different.
>
> Can you please let me know what micromanagement we did last year?
>
> If your point is about selection panel we have already discussed
> extensively let me know if you need more explanation on it.
>
> We are coming up with new plans based on feedback collected from panelist
> and speakers.
>
> Note: This feedback was not collected only by email, but though series of
> meetings.

I was in the panel last year. There was no intervention from chair person.
Only at that the end, when schedule was delayed, chair person was asking
for dates.
Also delaying schedule makes difficult for lot people who are booking
flights and trains. When one of the key not speaker was unable to make it
up, lot of people
were upset. Similar effect applies for final schedule.

Regards
Kracekumar Ramaraju
http://kracekumar.com
+91 85530 29521