[Inpycon] feedback and voting

Aravind Krishnaswamy arvi at alumni.iastate.edu
Sun Sep 21 17:23:57 CEST 2014

On Sun, Sep 21, 2014 at 6:16 PM, Kushal Das <kushaldas at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 21, 2014 at 6:13 PM, Anand Chitipothu
> <anandology at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>>  IMHO, online solution will not work. I requires every person to
>> have a
>>  computer/smart phone and wifi to be functional. Why not use the
>> same old
>>  paper approach?
>>
> Paper is better, +1 to it.
>
> Kushal

I'm personally for an online solution. It takes people just a couple of
minutes to vote via mobile survey form. The QR code for the form can be
posted somewhere. Paper can be a fallback option for those who dont
have smartphones, and can perhaps be kept in the lunch area - people
spend a ton of time waiting in lines during the lunch and snack breaks.
Ideally, the partial data aggregated from the online system should be
shared publicly in time for the feedback session at the end of the
conference. That said, there's only so much time this year - if we need
to do paper, we know it works. If we simplify aggregation of data, that
may be useful.

Arvi