[Inpycon] Free pass for two youngest engineer

Thu Sep 11 19:33:18 CEST 2014

On Thu, Sep 11, 2014 at 7:32 PM, Arvi Krishnaswamy
<arvi at alumni.iastate.edu> wrote:
> +1 as well, we should do this.

I am not sure if the "this" is the pass. If it is, it is a good idea.
However, I'd shy away from doing messaging around "youngest *". They
are receiving a free pass because the committee respects their work
and desires that it be shared with an audience.

> BTW who is Mr Patil (who has submitted the entry in the funnel
> http://in.pycon.org/funnel/2014/120-expeyes-python-powered-open-source-portable-science-lab)?
> Is that their teacher?  If so, what is their contribution to this versus
> what the teacher has taught them and will be getting them to present?  Will
> this be setting a precedent now that Python is getting popular at schools?
> How will be develop guidance on this for the future?

A policy around this should probably be around the quantity/quality of
work. Do Python Conferences have any specific T&C around individuals
who are not yet 'adults' (as per the local criteria)? Asking this
because it is better to sort that out now than later.

> On Thu, Sep 11, 2014 at 6:36 PM, Noufal Ibrahim KV <noufal at nibrahim.net.in>
> wrote:
>>
>> On Thu, Sep 11 2014, konark modi wrote:
>>
>> > Lighting talks are more appropriate for them.
>>
>> [...]
>>
>> I don't know if such young presenters can present something cogent in
>> front of an audience in 5 minutes. An open space would, in my opinion,
>> be more relaxed and less demanding.

We don't know what we don't know. At the worst case, it would be 10
minutes worth of the conference 'wasted'. At the best case, it could
be inspirational. How do we decide without much data? :)

--
sankarshan mukhopadhyay
<https://twitter.com/#!/sankarshan>