[Inpycon] Talks in PyCon India (was Re: Development Sprints)

Noufal Ibrahim KV noufal at nibrahim.net.in
Fri Oct 17 14:05:28 CEST 2014

On Fri, Oct 17 2014, Arvi Krishnaswamy wrote:

[...]

> This could potentially provide us the flexibility to spread out the
> themes over 3 days, and better cater to beginner/intermediate/advanced
> or tracks like scipy/web/core/tools instead of the mish mash we
> currently have.  (This will a whole separate discussion to figure out
> what makes sense)
>
> This may also provide additional time at the venue for running a dev
> sprint as the other thread had suggested.

[...]

This is one line of thought and I don't have any real bullets to shoot
at your proposal.

However, my gut feel is that the conference would benefit from fewer
talks, lesser audience and tighter quality control. If it was upto me,
that's the way I'd steer it.

Increasing the number of days will increase the effort needed and
everyone, as far as I know, is already maxed out.

The US PyCon is a week long event. One (or two, I forget) days of
workshops, 3 days of the conference and 3 or so days of sprints (for
which all the regular visitors leave). Also, they conduct it at a hotel
at which most of the outside delegates stay so it becomes a 24 hour
event.

--
Cordially,
Noufal