[Inpycon] Volunteer work

Noufal Ibrahim KV noufal at nibrahim.net.in
Wed May 7 21:33:33 CEST 2014

On Thu, May 08 2014, Bibhas Ch Debnath wrote:

> Hi Vinay,
>
> I think that's a great idea and you should hold on to it. Right before the
> event, you can coordinate with our network admin and set it up after
> consulting with him.

It's a useful thing to have but the tech. aspects are usually the
easiest to handle. Here's what I see the problems will be.

1. Net won't work.
2. People won't know that such a thing exists and won't use it to
   install packages.
3. We won't have enough active development happening for this to be
   useful.
4. No one will take responsibility for this as a project (although this
   is not true in this case since Vinay suggested it and has volunteered to
   pick it up) and make sure that it happens and is used by everyone.

I don't intend to discourage you. Just letting you know what problems
you might face in advance so that you can prepare.

[...]

--
Cordially,
Noufal