[Inpycon] Python Month 2014

vijay kumar vnbang2003 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 11 06:38:25 CEST 2014

> That has only 46 workshops listed. We have conducted far more workshops
> than that.
>
>> In this case members have not informed about workshop they conducted.

> I totally agree. It was a volunteer effort and I'm not trying to take all
> the credit. All the work is done by a lot of volunteers and esp. your
> efforts help in managing it were incredible.
>
> Being the coordinator of Python Month Last year, I'm trying to avoid the
> mistakes that we did last year. Let me say this again. Google docs approach
> is not going to scale. We are going to get the same issues that we got last
> year.
>
>        Let me reiterate your idea  "PythonMonth is a celebration where
>> PyCon India community  plan to conduct  Python Workshop  freely across
>> different colleges/universities in India *for a month*"
>>

> Yes. That was just a start. The eventual plan to build an infrastructure
> to continue running it forever. I've mentioned it in dicussions and also in
> a mail to the group.
>
> https://mail.python.org/pipermail/inpycon/2014-July/008235.html
>

  >> I know this point but when we are not ready with all workflow should
we use software . Please understand there are lot of usecase we need to
still  cover in workflow.
       1) Does software allow me to add more than one college information
in case college doesn't add ?
       2) How are we gone tracker members who goes in support the tutors
during workshop ?
       3) Are you creating login which doesn't need me to have
google/Github account ?
       4) Do we plan to have workflow for our PythonMonth partners like
FSMK, CampusHash ?

>>   We have already agreed to use google form yesterday and I see lot of
>> members have filled forms and it will create chaos if we ask them to fill
>> in a website once again.
>>

> No. Bibhas created the google form and I objected. We never reached any
> conclusion.
>

   >> In this thread only we have decide to move on with spreadsheet this
year.

> Testing of application also need sometime.

In any case i feel we are going nowhere. I feel effort to create momentum
is stopped as member are confused where to fill in data.
Do you think 5 days is enough to ask colleges to fill data and start
pythonmonth workshop . (Last year we started one month before to
create momentum?)

I think Bibhas need to take final call as he is co-ordinator for this year ?