[Inpycon] PyCon India Website for 2014

Gora Mohanty gora at mimirtech.com
Sat Oct 19 08:26:11 CEST 2013

On 18 October 2013 10:03, Aby James <gits1225 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> (...) I would advocate moving
>> to a CMS-based site, with HasGeek's funnel. My choice
>> would be django and feincms (...)
>
> There is little or no interaction with the main website. A static
> site, with elements of necessary dynamism is an elegant approach IMO.
> The current website is beautiful and responsive. I don't think it uses
> a CMS at all (?)

A CMS is useful for getting non-technical people involved in
writing content: Witness the popularity of Wordpress for
blogging. IMHO, the technical barrier to developing content
should be as low as possible.

Also, CMS pages can be aggressively cached so that they
function essentially as static content so that I do not see
the argument there.

Regards,
Gora