[Inpycon] Venue for PyCon India 2014

Anand B Pillai anandpillai at letterboxes.org
Wed Oct 9 07:49:23 CEST 2013

On Wednesday 09 October 2013 10:44 AM, Anand Chitipothu wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 9, 2013 at 9:53 AM, vijay <vnbang2003 at yahoo.com>
> wrote:
>
>> I agree buying time is good . If we take Oct 10-12 as option  i
>> might not be able to help much . For Dussara (oct-03-05)
>> everyone will be out of station to celebrate so not sure how much
>> help volunteer can do to run the show. For Oct 17-18 it just 5
>> days before diwali so that not good idea.
>>
>> I still think Sep 26-28 is right date as its just take 2 days of
>> navarathi which might not be major problem.
>>

> I don't think it really gives us any extra time to work if we do
> the conference in October instead of August. We usually start
> working couple of months before the event. We have enough time to
> break that habit and start planning early.

+1.

> If we stick to our plan of getting the website up by December end
> and CFP in a month or two after that, we should be in a position to
> do the event in August.

I think we should plan to get the CFP out by this year as much as
possible.

The moment we push it to Jan it has a tendency to leapfrog into May
and June - speaking from past PyCons.

Let us discuss the items to get the CFP out ASAP - that is very
important to push up the quality of talks for next year. I suggest
to open a thread to discuss the sub-tasks involved in getting CFP
out by Dec.

> While I don't have objections to Sep 26-28, I strongly suggest to
> make sure all the volunteers who did the hard work this year are
> comfortable with these days.

+1

I think we should make a call for early conference than later. The
moment we push it to Oct+, the festive season starts and all kinds
of distractions come in.