[Inpycon] Sponsorship Amount for Pycon India 2013

Noufal Ibrahim noufal at nibrahim.net.in
Thu Jan 31 05:50:02 CET 2013

Sreekanth S Rameshaiah <sree at mahiti.org> writes:

[...]

>> I think we can keep a premium rate of Rs. 4L for Platinum. We may have to
>> give some more benefits to platinum to justify the cost. Better visibility
>> during keynote/talks?
>>

> +1 I agree. Was even thinking of giving them one session slot for tutorial.
> What do you all feel?

I'm against selling tutorial slots. We could keep one talk slot for a
sponsor and announce it like that but I feel we should have complete
control over tutorials.

Also, a general point, we should all decide what all we put in the
sponsorship brochure and then either
1. All stick to it completely so that there are no embarassing questions
   or similar situations.

or

2. Have *all* sponsor negotiations go through a single person who can,
   if he deems fit, make adjustments to the privileges or prices.

It's a bad situation when someone makes a promise and someone else has
to go back on it because of a miscommunication.

[...]

--
Cordially,
Noufal