[Inpycon] Tutorials

Ankur Gupta versesane at gmail.com
Thu Apr 25 09:01:02 CEST 2013

Gave a Tutorial at Pycon Singapore 2012 and here are few observations
and thoughts

a) Ask for the tutorial slides to be submitted when abstract is being
submitted. Helps get fewer and serious speakers submitting proposals,
b) Assign 2 Volunteers or those responsible for screening to have a
talk over email/phone and check/verify the credentials of those
speakers,
c) Ask code and development environment, hardware/OS prerequisite
details to be submitted atleast 2-3 weeks in advance,
d) Advanced Talks saw some companies getting whole team to come and
attend when keynote speakers are giving tutorials talks thus encourage
them to speak,

Just curious How much would people pay for the tutorial talks ?. If we
don't have a flat fee how is  the fee determined.

Homepage -> http://uptosomething.in