[Inpycon] CFP and talk selection

Ramdas S ramdaz at gmail.com
Sun May 29 18:10:12 CEST 2011

On Sun, May 29, 2011 at 8:51 PM, Noufal Ibrahim <noufal at gmail.com> wrote:

> Baiju M <baiju.m.mail at gmail.com> writes:
>
> > On Sun, May 29, 2011 at 8:24 PM, Noufal Ibrahim <noufal at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > [...snip...]
> >> Another important point is the wifi. We should outsource it someone and
> >> actually pay them to get it right. It can really drench a parade when
> >> the wifi is br0ken.
> >
> > If this is volunteer-run, here are few links related to US PyCON wifi:
> > http://www.tummy.com/Community/Articles/
>
> [...]
>
> This is useful. One thing is for sure - sharing wifi with laptops is not
> going to cut it.
>
> --
> We'll pivot at warp 2 and bring all tubes to bear, Mr. Sulu!

Simple question,

How much can we budget? Or rather how much are we willing to pay? I had set
up a wi-fi network last year in Mumbai, and it costed us a bomb. I am not
able to remember the figures, but I guess I have the complete cost structure
of Interop where they provided wi-fi at any point to at least 600 people
which I can fish out somewhere. I'd say we will have at the maximum 250
people ( considering around 600 delegates, but only 40% will carry laptops)
who may connect, and that's a significant figure.

I completely support Noufal on both points on quality/quantity of talks and
wi-fi.

--
Ramdas S
+91 9342 583 065