[Inpycon] Drumming up interest in pycon

Noufal Ibrahim noufal at gmail.com
Fri Feb 18 16:55:35 CET 2011

On Fri, Feb 18 2011, Dhananjay Nene wrote:

[...]

> One of the items discussed was drumming up support for Pycon and
> Python in the days leading upto Pycon in some of the software
> companies, by conducting talks, workshops etc. I am wondering if
> anyone has conducted anything similar, and a dump of experiences and
> thoughts on the same would be useful.

I think this would work for colleges (and Sree managed it quite well
last year) rather than companies. It's harder to get a foot in the door
with the latter.

On a related note, we should take special efforts to gather "Python
hackers" from the Indian community. Not just new people and for
advocacy. People who've done work on Python and related technologies
should be sought out, invited and if necessary, pestered till they
attend. :)

[...]