[Inpycon] A few questions

Noufal Ibrahim noufal at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 12:58:43 CEST 2011

On Sat, Apr 02 2011, Kenneth Gonsalves wrote:

> On Sat, 2011-04-02 at 11:39 +0530, Noufal Ibrahim wrote:
>> > that is the only option
>>
>> I have a sponsor who's interested in being a silver sponsor. The
>> amount
>> is not enough to cover travel for a foreign delegate so it'll have to
>> be
>> piecemeal. This works but there are issues. If some thing crops up
>> with
>> the sponsor and they can't (or don't pay) the delegate, it really
>> messes
>> our relationship with the foreign delegate.
>>
>> Isn't there anything else we can do?
>
> we can guarantee payment - that is all we can do.

What if we partner with a commercial organisation that *can* receive
funds from abroad? We'll give them some air time and formally associate
them with the conference in exchange for receiving the funds from abroad
and making it available to us. There will be some taxes paid but it will
give us liquid cash and we can use it as we please.

I spoke to hasgeek (Kiran) about such a possibility and he's
enthusiastic about it. It gives HasGeek good publicity and gives us the
funds from abroad without hassles. Seems like a fair deal to me.

I don't like the idea of putting a sponsor directly in connection with a
foreign delegate. Things go out of our hands then and it could lead to
bad blood.