[Inpycon] PyCon India 2010 venue : MSRIT vs. RVCE

renuka prasad renukaprasadb at gmail.com
Sat May 15 20:36:46 CEST 2010

On Sat, May 15, 2010 at 11:55 PM, Noufal Ibrahim <noufal at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello Renuka Prasad,
>
>   I might be (and I hope I am) reading you wrongly but you sound a

yes you are

> little offended in your email. I apologise about the lack of a firm

no need to do that

> decision but since this whole effort is a community driven thing,

i am aware of that

> there cannot be any quick decisions by a single person. Things will
> take time and it's my experience that it will take quite some
> discussion before we settle on a venue. It's an important aspect and
> we can't just make a brash decision. The problems being raised are
> genuine.
>
> i accept that

> On Sat, May 15, 2010 at 11:16 PM, renuka prasad <renukaprasadb at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> [..]
> > then there is no meaning and value  to conduct such event.. please do not
> > consider RVCE if you people wont value the philosophy and consider only
> > about conducting a tech event, i cant support such things
>
> We are not planning to conduct a free software or open source
> conference. This is something that is quite clear. It's a language
> conference. Since the popular interpreters for Python are free
> software, it's likely that most of the crowd will be hacker types
> inclining towards open source/free software but we are not holding
> this to emphasise the free software philosophy. As much as I care
> about it myself, this is purely a technical conference (albeit
> attended mostly by free software interested people).
>

> >  it looks to me that there are too many night birds and does not want to
> get
> > up early on one Saturday for FOSS ( python in this case ) and anyways
> Sunday
> > is  cool..
>
> This is not a FOSS conference. We'd gladly welcome proprietary
> software if it played a role in the Python eco space.
> As for the night birds thing, it's often the case that the attendance
> will peak around 10:30 am for a conference that starts at 9:00 or so.
> I don't really expect anyone (except the organisers perhaps) to show
> up at 8:00 am for a conference that starts later.
>
> i was telling that people can get up early and reach the venues -- not RVCE
only

> > i dont want to comment on traffic and other things --thats not in our
> hands
>
> True but it's a fact and something we have to consider. I'm sure you
> understand the problem.
>

> > atleast by next year METRO will be ready ,
> > then there would be complaints about cost rather than traffic
>
> I'm not sure I understand this point.
>
> > since baiju  approached us long back i assumed that there would be some
> > consensus and was very happy that we could host , but then there were
> good
> > signs that other colleges also were willing to host the event
>
> I think there was some misunderstanding. We were looking for venues

no never, i knew about all these , just before 5mmins i was about to fix a
meeting with college authorities i got message that i should wait for few
more days ....

> and were speaking to multiple people. I spoke to IIMB and Arvind spoke
> to NIMHANS. Other threads were being followed and Baiju spoke with you
> to get the details from RV. The plan was to discuss after we had all
> the potential venues and then fix on one. We didn't have a consensus

there was is what i understood , from the conversation i had , so i was
about to fix the meeting