[Inpycon] PyCon India 2010 venue : MSRIT vs. RVCE

Ramdas S ramdaz at gmail.com
Sat May 15 19:27:38 CEST 2010

On Sat, May 15, 2010 at 10:33 PM, Noufal Ibrahim <noufal at gmail.com> wrote:

> I don't consider it a criterion. My interest in the staff coordinator
> is limited to getting things moving at the venue. There's no real need
> for every aspect of the conference to be anointed with something
> related to Python.

I agree completely. Moreover once the deal is inked, and if you can sell to
the college management that this is an Indian chapter of a world famous tech
event, whether they understand Python or not things will fall in place.

I am still inclined to go with MSRIT. Traffic woes are very real in
Bangalore this year. And many of us are from East Bangalore, Central
Bangalore and North Bangalore, and Mysore Road is fairly inaccessible thanks
to the metro work all through the route. I guess it makes no difference when
you are not from Bangalore, and I know it would have made no difference to
me if this was in Chennai, and I were travelling from Bangalore.

I know there would be arguments from people living near Mysore Road, that
MSRIT is equally in accessible, if that's the case we need to relook at
opting for a more central location....

Anyways this is my personal thoughts.....