[Inpycon] PyCon India 2010 venue : MSRIT vs. RVCE

Anand Balachandran Pillai abpillai at gmail.com
Thu May 6 09:01:50 CEST 2010

On Thu, May 6, 2010 at 12:27 PM, Kenneth Gonsalves <lawgon at au-kbc.org>wrote:

> On Thursday 06 May 2010 12:06:46 Noufal Ibrahim wrote:
> > It doesn't do any harm.
> >

> it does harm - selection of Bangalore over Chennai for the venue was done
> on
> the basis of 64 - 34 of the first 100 votes. Although we all accepted this,
> it
> did not leave a very pleasant taste in the mouth. To be meaningful, a
> survey
> should permit only one vote per person, the persons should register to
> vote,
> his registration has to be accepted. We did one such poll for chennai lug
> once
> where only members of the mailing list could cast precisely one vote per
> head.
> And it worked like a charm. (we also had another poll where someone gamed
> the
> system for fun and we had well over a thousand votes!). I am very strongly
> against this type of thing.

I agree. Let us not do snap polls just on whims. Instead of forcing polls
upon members of this list, we can just discuss the pros and cons of
each and arrive at a decision. It may take time, but as long as we fix
a time limit for it, that is fine.

Let us say we wrap this in the next 1-2 weeks, if not earlier.

> --
> Regards
> Kenneth Gonsalves
> Senior Associate