[Inpycon] Status of registration

Ramdas S ramdaz at gmail.com
Tue Mar 30 04:37:22 CEST 2010

On Tue, Mar 30, 2010 at 12:25 AM, Noufal Ibrahim <noufal at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>    As far as I know, the society is not yet registered. We've been
> sending forms and signing things for quite a while now and the thing
> is still not done.
>
>    Srikanth was at the bank today to try to open the account so that
> we could keep our promise to Janastu and get the money out of their
> accounts but there was some miscommunication from the branch in Ooty
> and it didn't go through. So, we've botched this.
>
>    This is discouraging and I hope it's not a sign of things to come.
> The management of money was done for 2009 based on goodwill and
> Janastu's help was very rare and welcome. With this, I don't expect
> that kind of help anymore.
>
>     I talked to Srikanth earlier today and he suggested that Janastu
> cut a DD in the name of the nascent society so that the money is out
> of their accounts. I'm going to send a mail separately to Dinesh about
> this. I'm not sure what else needs to be be done about the society,
> but it really needs to be expedited. The initial suggestion of holding
> the 2010 conf in September is no longer realistic and we have to shift
> it into November or December.

If a DD is cut, please check the validity of such a DD, For some reason
there are further delays, how long does the DD stay valid. Please clarify
the finer details.

It may make sense in actually taking the DD in an existing company's name,
and park the funds there, till the society is actually formed with the name
approved, and bank account is started

Ramdas