[Inpycon] [X-post] : PyCon India artwork

Noufal Ibrahim noufal at gmail.com
Fri Jun 25 09:11:41 CEST 2010

On Fri, Jun 25, 2010 at 12:27 PM, Kenneth Gonsalves <lawgon at au-kbc.org> wrote:
> On Friday 25 June 2010 11:47:36 Noufal Ibrahim wrote:
>> I've set up Google analytics for the site I think the site
>> advertisement needs work.
>>

> if we want people to revisit our site, we need to have things happening on it
> - if nothing changes, there is no point in visiting it again. CFP is there -
> but no news on the talks submitted. Not even a tweet.

We'll remedy this once we get the logo. You're right though. What the
heck is the point of visiting a site when there's nothing changing on
it.

However, I'm interested in new people coming to the site rather than
old visitors coming again.

> Over a period of years
> we have found that community conferences in India follow a different flow from
> those in the US. There registration of delegates takes place after talk
> registration - here we have found that the best way is to open delegate
> registration at the first stage itself and widely publicise the list of people
> who say they are going to attend - this itself makes people revisit the site
> to see who is coming.

This makes sense. shall we open up the registrations?

>  As for early bird registration, it makes sense in the US
> where there is a substantial saving in early bird - and no sense here where
> the saving is a token one. So open the the delegate registration, publicise
> the talks submitted and permit discussion of the same on site - buzz will be
> generated. And make the landing page either the list of delegates or the
> submitted talks.

Perfect!

Anand/Abhishek,

   How many of these are implementable on the site right away? The
twitter integration should be possible right?

   As for registrations, how soon can we open them up?

Thanks

--
~noufal