[Inpycon] CFPs

Noufal Ibrahim noufal at gmail.com
Fri Jun 4 15:17:42 CEST 2010

On Fri, Jun 4, 2010 at 6:33 PM, Anand Balachandran Pillai
<abpillai at gmail.com> wrote:
[..]
> +1. I had volunteered for this right from the start and this is something
> I am looking forward to.

Excellent. :)

> We need to draft a CFP document and publish it in the mailing list as well
> as email it out to a list of interested presenters. We could use the email
> addresses collected from last year for this.

Hmmm. I personally wouldn't mind receiving such an email but I'm sure
there are lots of privacy
nazis out there who'll get their knickers in a twist if they receive
such an email.

However, the general idea of publicising the CFP is a good one and it
should be a post
on the main PyCon website as well as the conferences at python.org mailing list.

> I will create a very basic CFP draft and send it to you the week-end.
>  We can thrash it out in the mailing list and develop it over the next
> week. It would be useful to have an idea of the specific tracks (if any)
> so that the CFP is not very vague.

Hmmm.
 * We should have a dedicated "beginners" track that the hardcore
snakes can avoid. This is similar to the tutorial track we had last
year although not a marathon thing.
 * If Prabhu and Asokan are okay with our proposal, we'll have an
engineering/scientific track
 * Then the "actual" tracks where we're having the real meat of the conference.

--
~noufal