[Inpycon] offline registrations

Kenneth Gonsalves lawgon at au-kbc.org
Fri Jul 30 03:16:38 CEST 2010

On Thursday, July 29, 2010 07:30:59 pm Noufal Ibrahim wrote:
> > no - it defeats the very purpose of online registration - many people
> > simply register and do not turn up. If they have to pay, it is more or
> > less guarranteed that they turn up. The whole idea of online
> > registration (and payment) is that we get some numbers.
>
> Given the number of queries I'm getting, people are not okay with this
> mode of payment. Many don't have bank accounts/net banking. Many don't
> have credit cards. Many don't want to do it online. Most (from the
> statistics on the site and the number of mails I'm getting) would much
> prefer that we collect money at the venue.

that was before we got the bank account - nothing easier than dropping a
cheque at the nearest axis bank ATM, or for those without bank accounts, there
is never much of a Q in Axis bank

> I agree with the number problems that will get introduced because of
> lack of payments etc. However, it's not as serious as you make it out to
> be. Last year, the number of people who came and the number of people
> who registered were not very different.

registrations were around 900 - people who came were around 400. btw, I do not
see any statistics of registrations anywhere. Is there a link? one of the
effective ways of marketing is to show how many people have registered and who
all are attending.

--
Regards
Kenneth Gonsalves