[Inpycon] Registration status

Anand Chitipothu anandology at gmail.com
Mon Jan 18 08:18:21 CET 2010

On Mon, Jan 18, 2010 at 11:55 AM, Kenneth Gonsalves <lawgon at au-kbc.org> wrote:
> On Friday 15 Jan 2010 4:33:31 pm Noufal Ibrahim wrote:
>> > I've promised Dinesh that I'll make sure the PyCon India funds will be
>> > moved to a different account before the end of March.
>> > If registering all india society is going to take too long time,
>> > please register a simple society in Bangalore and close it off.
>>
>> You were planning to do something for the society you were registering for
>> your own purposes. Do you have any information on how to go about it? If
>>  so, I think we should go for that and wrap this up.
>>

> I think it is time to shout. I have pointed out that in order to register a
> society we need office bearers. I have also proposed a list of office bearers
> based on the mails on this list. UNLESS WE HAVE THIS LIST OF PEOPLE AGREEABLE
> TO SIGN AS OFFICE BEARERS WE CANNOT REGISTER A SOCIETY, BE IT A SIMPLE SOCIETY
> IN BANGALORE OR A COMPLICATED SOCIETY ANYWHERE ELSE. Please close this as soon
> as possible so that I can circulate it. btw, if it is so easy to register a
> simple society in bangalore why was it not done in the first place?

I don't care about the details. I've promised Dinesh that I'll move
the remaining  PyCon India money to a different account before end of
this financial year. It is my responsibility to make sure it is done.

I'm very happy if you can finish registering a nation-wide society
before March. It already took too long and I don't see a hope that it
gets finished before March if it continue at the same pace. Sorry for
being a pessimist!

Is there anyone in this group who can take the responsibility of
circulating it, making every one sign on it, finish the registration,
opening the bank account before March?

If not, I can take the responsibility of registering a society in
Bangalore with whoever is available there at that time as members.
After all the society is only for managing funds.

Practicality beats purity!

Anand

Anand