[Inpycon] First cut of grand schedule

Noufal Ibrahim noufal at gmail.com
Fri Apr 23 11:33:19 CEST 2010

On Fri, Apr 23, 2010 at 2:42 PM, Anand Balachandran Pillai
<abpillai at gmail.com> wrote:
[..]
>  The dates should be finalized before we send out the Call for
>  proposals. Also I think CFPs should be send at an earlier date so
>  we give around 1-2 months for proposals to be sent. July 1 is too late
>  for a mid-late Sep conference, we should send for CFPs by June 1st
>  and put the last date for CFPs in August 1st week which gives a clear
>  2 months for it.
>
>  By June we should have the track discussions and planning done
>  so the CFPs can be slotted properly. I can start working on this
>  once I finish helping with the fossconf stuff.
>
>  Accepted proposals should be intimated by August end.[..]

One concern :
 FOSSConf I think requires people to register before we they can
submit proposals.
 These registrations are different from delegate registrations since I
think they'd open up before early bird registrations for delegates.
 How do we do this?

I think August end is a little too late for final notification if the
conf. is to be held in September. People will have just 3 weeks to get
their slides/code in place. This is of course assuming that they're
not uploading the whole deal but only an abstract.

Perhaps we can make it like so

June 1            : CFP announcement
July 15            : Last date (gives 45 days to submit)
By August 10  : Selection and final notification. If we parallelise
the selection process, we do this quicker.

What do you feel?

--
~noufal