[Inpycon] Website setup

Anand Balachandran Pillai abpillai at gmail.com
Thu Apr 22 08:18:22 CEST 2010

On Thu, Apr 22, 2010 at 11:39 AM, Noufal Ibrahim <noufal at gmail.com> wrote:

> No. This would be the amount of time needed to get the other setup
> working. The last time, we provisioned a week or something and it took
> over a month. I don't want to repeat the business. Foss conf is
> supposedly bug free and ready to be deployed. A day or two to add
> payment gateway support and another day to deploy. If it takes longer,
> that's going to be the general story and it's going to cripple the
> effort. I apologise if I'm brash here but I feel very strongly about
> this and unless the Foss conf advocates deliver, it's not going to
> work. I thing puritanism will hurt the project and puritanism without
> delivery definitely so.

If this is going to be your tone from here on, I too give up. Please feel
free to carry on with your conference the way you want it.

 This is a discussion forum not a forum where people dictate others
 with emails that take the tone of threats. This is not going to help.

 Where is the supposed "puritanism" ? I recall you also had reacted
strongly when the SciPy thing came up last year. I dont understand
the sudden urgency needed to get it up and running in 3 days.

Everyone has agreed to chip in but doesn't mean that they are going
to hunch in front of their desktops for the next 3 days just because
you are issuing strong worded emails. Surely by May 1st this can be
done.

--Anand