[Inpycon] Registration system [was] Budget estimates

Noufal Ibrahim noufal at gmail.com
Wed Apr 21 16:19:25 CEST 2010

On Wed, Apr 21, 2010 at 7:33 PM, Vivek Khurana <hiddenharmony at gmail.com> wrote:
[..]
> OTOH doattend will not process only payments. It will do all of the above
> too. If doattend is willing to process *only* payments, then it is okay.

You can customise it to handle just payments. We can download the list
of people registered and use a Python app to generate tickets if you
want.

> From doattend site, it appears they are not just payment processing system
> but they are providing a complete, hosted event management system.
>  Secondly, after having a second look at doattend website, I have concerns
> with the privacy of the attendees. Do attend will have access to complete
> information about all attendees and we do not know what they will do with
> this data. Nowhere in the Terms and Conditions of doattend I can find a
> promise that doattend will not sell the email and other personal information
> to third parties.

This is a valid point and one we can clarify with them. since we're
paying them for the service, I believe we'll have a right to specify
terms.
The whole "Python purity" argument however strikes me as misplaced.

--
~noufal