[Inpycon] Venue Finalization {was} PyCon 2010 - Let's get started

स्वक्ष vid at svaksha.com
Tue Apr 20 20:51:58 CEST 2010

On Wed, Apr 21, 2010 at 00:01, Senthil Kumaran <orsenthil at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 20, 2010 at 05:47:24PM +0530,  स्वक्ष  wrote:
>> Added my comments to the wiki and ofcourse its a +1 for Bangalore on
>> the basis of the twice in a row followed by pycon-US. That said, what
>
> Bad argument. It is like that in US because Hyatt gives a discount.
> It does not require us to follow that.

It helps to check before making a statement.  Fwiw, Hyatt Regency
O'Hare[0] and Crowne Plaza Chicago O'Hare dont sound like the same
hotel being used to hold pycons twice in Chicago.

[0] http://us.pycon.org/2009/chicago/hotel/
[1] http://us.pycon.org/2008/chicago/hotel/

So are you against the twice in a city suggestion or against it just
because the US does it and we should not follow them or some other
reason?

I agree that at this point in time we should have fixed the city, and
maybe looking at sponsors, etc... but , there was not much response
from Chennai team nor comments on the problems they faced.
http://mail.python.org/pipermail/inpycon/2010-April/001795.html
http://mail.python.org/pipermail/inpycon/2010-April/001802.html
There were other mails on the same subject so feel free to look into
the archives. There was another thread which discussed venues in
chennai and then it died till Noufal pinged folks again.

--
thanks and regards,
vid || http://svaksha.com