[Inpycon] volunteers required

Anand Balachandran Pillai abpillai at gmail.com
Wed Sep 23 14:55:55 CEST 2009

Anand,

         We should ask the volunteers to arrive at IISc on Friday at some
pre-arranged time where we can discuss tasks for the next day.

          Personally, I suggest the volunteers meet with co-ordinators at
IISc
at 3.30 pm on Friday the 25th. Anand, please let me know if this is fine.
I will also be there by around 3.00 - 4.00 pm.

Regards

--Anand B

On Wed, Sep 23, 2009 at 5:51 PM, Arvind Jamuna Dixit <ardsrk at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi Anand,
>
> I want to signup as the session chair for the first two sessions of the
> first day of the conference.
>
> Regards,
> Arvind
>
> On Wed, Sep 23, 2009 at 3:59 PM, Anand Chitipothu <anandology at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> We require some volunteers during the conference for the tasks is
>> given below. Please signup.
>>
>> * Registration support
>>
>> We need 2-3 people to help at the registration desk during first half of
>> day 1.
>>
>> * Food coordination
>>
>> We need 2-3 people to coordinate food at tea and lunch times.
>>
>> * Direction support
>>
>> We need 2-3 people to answer phone calls and give directions to people
>> coming  from other places.
>>
>> * Infrastructure support
>>
>> We need 2-3 volunteers to make sure all the rooms have power strips,
>> wifi and make sure PA system and video recording are functioning well.
>> They should also check from time to time that the quality of recorded
>> video is good. They will be point of contact for any infrastructure
>> related failures.
>>
>> * Session Chairs
>>
>> We need volunteers to act as session chairs to make sure sessions are
>> running on time. The session chair should give a signal to the
>> presenter 5 min in advance and make sure the next speaker is ready. He
>> will be responsible to make sure the talks are running on time.
>>
>> We divide the total time into 6 sessions and we need session chairs
>> for each session in each hall.
>>
>> S1: Day 1 Start - Tea break
>> S2: Day 1 Tea break - Lunch
>> S3: Day 1 Lunch - Tea break
>> S4: Day 1 Tea break - FInish
>> S5: Day 2 Start - Tea break
>> S6: Day 2 Tea break - Lunch
>>
>> Volunteers can signup as session chair for more than one session.  It
>> is easier if you plan to become session chair for the sessions that
>> you are going to attend.
>>
>> Did I miss anything?
>>
>> Anand

--Anand