[Inpycon] Early bird registration

Noufal Ibrahim noufal at gmail.com
Fri Sep 4 11:08:49 CEST 2009

Senthil,
   You'll be managing much of the people on the ground at the
conference - "The hospitality committee" as it were.

   Can you take a call on this? There's pros and cons either way but
your work will be most directly affected by this.

   HAving people print it out will reduce your work *if* they take printouts.

   If they don't your work will increase.

Thanks

On Fri, Sep 4, 2009 at 2:31 PM, Kenneth Gonsalves<lawgon at au-kbc.org> wrote:
> On Friday 04 Sep 2009 2:21:36 pm Noufal Ibrahim wrote:
>> > I don't understand why you guys are behind the photo thing. It is not
>> > going to work. Do you really expect people to take printout on regular
>> > A4 paper, cut that stuff and stick it on their pockets?
>>
>> [..]
>>
>> The more I think about it, the more sense I see in your argument.
>> I wouldn't personally take a printout myself.
>
> I remember linux-bangalore 2001, where I was the only one who arrived without
> a printout (because I have never had a printer attached to my machine) and the
> database was down!
>>
>> Perhaps it does make more sense to have a stack of empty cards and
>> we give one along with the swag kit to everyone who comes to the
>> place.
>
> as discussed earlier, we can print out all the cards ourselves as long as some
> one writes the script to do so - the cards have date of registration on them
> so we can tell at a glance.
>>
>> the only extra thing we'll need is a list of people and when they've
>> registered so that we can differentiate between early bird and others.
>
> that can be added to the csv generation software in a jiffy. But we can also
> give them the option to print their own - you will be surprised how many will
> do it.
>
> --
> regards
> Kenneth Gonsalves