[Inpycon] Registering society (Was: Re: FOSS PyCon)

Noufal Ibrahim noufal at gmail.com
Thu Oct 15 06:30:53 CEST 2009

On Thu, Oct 15, 2009 at 9:34 AM, vid <vid at svaksha.com> wrote:
[..]
> I doubt if Indian laws have kept pace with the advances in technology.
> That is where the MoA clause comes in. Noufal/Kunal can clarify this
> with the lawyer. As Kirby mentioned, we do have legacy laws from the
> British so the technical legalese wont differ much afaik. The rest is
> interpretation based on intent.
[..]

I just want something in place to take care of the accounts. All this
legalese is pretty much lost on me with elections, officers, terms,
MoAs etc. I'll speak to the lawyer and mail back.

As for *everything* being public, transparent and discussed on the
list, it's not going to happen. It didn't happen for the conference
and from my experience, if it did, the conference wouldn't have taken
place. However, all major decisions and things that actually affect
direction and policy should (and will) be beaten out on the list.

--
~noufal