[Inpycon] FOSS PyCon (was Re: Post Conference analysis about the performance and future plan)

Anand Balachandran Pillai abpillai at gmail.com
Wed Oct 14 08:44:46 CEST 2009

On Wed, Oct 14, 2009 at 12:10 PM, Noufal Ibrahim <noufal at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 14, 2009 at 12:07 PM, vid <vid at svaksha.com> wrote:
> [..]
> > Well, if folks are going to extract financial mileage out of my
> > volunteer time, which I gave in good faith for a "community" event,
> > I'd like them to be upfront about it enabling me to rethink my
> > involvement, et al.
> [..]
>
> Financial is a different thing. That's like making you work for me for
> free. :)
>
> I'm talking about 'brand value'. I for one don't generally like to be
> an anonymous contributer. I'd like it to be on record that I helped
> out and would like the names of all the people who did to become known
> as well.

 I would like to point out that the couple of times you had a chance to talk
 about how the conference was organized, you always laid stress on
 not saying the names of the people who worked behind the scenes, which
 is a contradiction to this stand.

I for one was confused by what I perceived as a dogged stand of not
to mention any names, but then I felt you were being afraid of missing out
names.

Please choose one way of doing it.

> --
> ~noufal