[Inpycon] FOSS PyCon (was Re: Post Conference analysis about the performance and future plan)

Kenneth Gonsalves lawgon at au-kbc.org
Wed Oct 14 07:27:54 CEST 2009

On Wednesday 14 Oct 2009 10:46:27 am Siddharta wrote:
> Noufal Ibrahim wrote:
> > I myself incline towards FOSS but I wouldn't enforce a FOSS only
> > clause at a PyCon that I was involved in organising.
>
> Agreed. It's a good idea to have python tracks at other conferences, but
> the main PyCon event should not be restricted to FOSS.

and anyway I do not think Pycon people will agree to either ban non-foss or
mix this conference with others. Since we are now an established brand name, a
lot of people (who otherwise would not dream of volunteering to work for the
conference) will want to cash in on it.
--
regards
Kenneth Gonsalves