[Inpycon] Website bugs

Noufal Ibrahim noufal at gmail.com
Sun May 31 08:37:18 CEST 2009

On Sun, May 31, 2009 at 11:57 AM, Anand Balachandran Pillai
<abpillai at gmail.com> wrote:
[..]
> We need to iron out all major issues with the website and
> templates/CSS etc within 2-3 weeks max and open it
> up by June end at least. Otherwise we could get derailed.
[..]

That's too late. We need to get this thing out in early June. If it's
ready only by early July, we'll have just 2 month (July and August) to
take care of sponsorships, CFPs and other logistics. I think that will
be too tight.

Without the site, we can't do any publicity or call for CFPs and
that's why I'm pushing for it.

I assume that Kenneth and his team is harvesting the bug reports from
the mailing list and keeping track of them.

I suggest that we put a deadline (say 7th June) and then if the site
is not completely functional and ready for release by then, we fall
back to using a bunch of static pages and an authenticated wiki
(similar to the PyCon UK site). It will be a little more work but
things will move. As for the registration, we can develop a tiny app
which shoves user information into a database and keeps a list so that
we can use it to charge only early bird fees for the people who
register early. Talk scheduling and stuff must be handled manually
(and I don't think it will be *that* hard).

Opinions?

--
~noufal