[Inpycon] id cards

Kenneth Gonsalves lawgon at au-kbc.org
Mon Aug 17 02:19:42 CEST 2009

On Sunday 16 Aug 2009 9:32:38 pm Gora Mohanty wrote:
> On Sun, 16 Aug 2009 15:34:00 +0530
>
> kausikram krishnasayee <kausikram at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Too late on this thread but here goes. in case we plan to bulk
> > print the badge with the name and organization name (printed
> > badges are sexy, people collect them) then there is a script that
> > siddharta govindaraj and i maintain for proto.in .
>
> [...]
>
> Don't mean to put you down, but why reinvent the wheel? The
> Python labelnation script has been doing that for ages, is
> well documented, handles various standard labels, and can
> easily be extended to other label sizes.

some of us like to do things of our own just for the fun of it. If everyone
followed your advice there would be only one type of wheel, one operating
system, one tool for each task. It is reinventing the wheel that leads to
progress. That is why our society advances through reinvention of the wheel.
--
regards
Kenneth Gonsalves