[Inpycon] Opinions needed : Sponsorship requrements

Noufal Ibrahim noufal at gmail.com
Tue Aug 11 20:54:11 CEST 2009

On Wed, Aug 12, 2009 at 12:00 AM, Gora Mohanty<gora at srijan.in> wrote:
> On Tue, 11 Aug 2009 23:23:37 +0530
[..]
> Maybe so, and you are the best judge of that. Nevertheless,
> I do think that you should ask for a  written privacy policy.

This has come up. I think is the consensus is that we need to
formalise their promise of not spamming people.

[..]
> To the best of my knowledge, none of the major free software
> conferences in India provide their sponsors with access to
> delegate lists.

Okay. We have some organisers here on this list. I'm sure they'll
chime in tomorrow during the saner hours.

> I realise that this is not a FOSS conference.

Yes. This is true.

[..]
> I strongly disagree. In my opinion, this would be an unethical
> step. But again, this is something for people putting in time and
> effort into inpycon to decide.

Okay. So we have a -1, one +1 and I think one +0.

[..]

> o I was not sure if I am attending inpycon, due to issues with a
>  lack of time, but if such were the policy, yes, I would not
>  attend. I emphasise again that this is just a personal opinion
>  with regards to community conferences, and it is not like I am
>  about to start a big dharna about it.

Okay.

If I had to sacrifice attendance for sponsorship, I would say no so
this is a valuable bit of input from you.

Thanks for your comments.

--
~noufal