[Import-SIG] PEP 451: Big update.

Antoine Pitrou solipsis at pitrou.net
Thu Sep 19 10:21:22 CEST 2013

Le Wed, 18 Sep 2013 23:38:23 -0600,
Eric Snow <ericsnowcurrently at gmail.com> a écrit :
> I'm thinking that it may be useful to have ModuleSpec inherit from
> str and set it to the module name.  Then the spec could be passed
> directly to those loader APIs that take the module name.  Thoughts?

I would generally be -1 on some hacks.
Especially, str subclasses can leak to unsuspected places and create
weird issues (I remember an issue with BeautifulSoup, IIRC, which
returned str subclasses which kept whole HTML trees alive: by passing
those str objects around you would create yourself a huge memory leak).

Regards

Antoine.