[Image-SIG] Changing output resolution when converting EPS file to PNG in Python Imaging Library

Brandon George brandon.j.george at gmail.com
Thu Oct 18 16:35:00 CEST 2012

I wrote a simple implementation of PIL to convert a list of EPS files to
PNG images. The problem is the PNG image is of pretty low quality. When I
save the image using im.save("file.png", dpi = (1000, 1000)) the increased
DPI does not result in a higher quality image. I believe this is due to the im
= Image.open("file.eps") importing in low resolution.

Is there a way to import the EPS file into a higher resolution "im" object?
Thanks in advance. I also have a stackoverflow question about this matter
but haven't received any fixes. It is here
<http://stackoverflow.com/questions/12900435/changing-output-resolution-when-converting-eps-file-to-png-in-python-imaging-lib>in
case you would like to see my script.

Thanks again.

Brandon