[Image-SIG] pildriver bugs

samwyse samwyse at gmail.com
Tue Jul 3 22:09:06 CEST 2012

This week I needed to perform similar operations on a batch of images.
 The Gimp seemed overkill, plus it wasn't installed on the computer
I'm using.  Python and PIL, however, are; a quick web search turned up
pildriver which seemed to meet my needs.  Unfortunately, it seems to
have several serious bugs.  I've submitted three bug reports to
https://bitbucket.org/effbot/pil-2009-raclette/issues:

#21: pildriver: verbose command is broken

#22: pildriver: invalid use of "pop" instead of "do_pop"

#23: pildriver: all ImageEnhancer methods only enhance color

Is that the correct place to submit bug reports?  I've already
implemented the needed changes in my own copy of the script, plus
several enhancements to fit my needs; I feel that they would be useful
to others as well.  Would a combined diff be more useful?  Or is there
someplace where I can fork the code?