[Image-SIG] Segment an Image

Boris Vladimir Comi glez_b at comunidad.unam.mx
Fri Apr 20 17:20:33 CEST 2012

Hello,

 I have one image data in the following format:

200406011215.goes12ir

 These images are composed of lines and elements with their corresponding value of brightness ( 0 -255).

>>> print im.format, im.size, im.mode
MCIDAS (1732, 2600) L

I'm trying to make a script that targets a region with certain properties.

script:

import Image
im = Image.open(/home/mcidas/Documents/datos/200404031215.goes12ir")
im.show()
How I can target a region of the displayed image whose brightness value is > 205?
 Anyone have an idea how I can identify and draw a mark on the regions of the image that meets the specified value

Boris Vladimir Comi Gonzalez
Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México
Grupo de Tormentas Convecivas