[Image-SIG] conversion from .tif to .jpeg

Igor Novikov igor.e.novikov at gmail.com
Tue Nov 29 01:27:22 CET 2011

I think that the problem cause is a CMYKA images (i.e. CMYK images with
alpha channel). PIL doesn't support such image type because internal image
representation is limited by four channels. And only TIFF format provides
such image type.

It would be interesting to know whether the PIL developers are planning to
resolve this issue. It would be resolving at least as a workaround loading
such images as a tuple of CMYK image and alpha channel as a separate
grayscale image. This issue is highly important for our project.

--
Regards,

Igor Novikov
sK1 Project